counting sheep

Friday, October 19, 2012

Bathroom "bout done."

Pictures of the bath, still a few little things to do.

 Red and caramel blocks painted with Latex paint, stenciled stars then aged with an umber glaze, plus 4 coats of water soluble poly.
 Caramel on the wainscoting, light caramel on the walls with red stenciled stars and then aged with glaze.
Walmart towel  with a sprig of Sweet Annie tucked in, old shelf from an antique mall, it was blue but I added some red paint.

My cabinet that holds all the usual bathroom stuff got a coat of red paint and glaze too. A bucket and some boxes for added storage.

An aged linen curtain and candle in an old cheese box.

Made the shower curtain by hemming some homespun and attaching to a liner, that way I didn't have to make the grommet holes but did have to figure out a little pleating. Red star hooks I  bought on eBay.

And there you have it, I have enough homespun left to make a matching window curtain but I kinda like the linen one, oh yeah I first hung some grunged cheesecloth over the window for some added privacy.

We still need to take the lights off and spray them with a pewter paint and change the sink fixtures and buy more towels in red and brown!

1 comment:

  1. There was the perfect tub, toilet and sink at my ReStore that would be great for that bathroom. RED clawfoot tub, matching sink and toilet, with gold fixtures. Sure wish I could have used them. Love all that RED in there.

    ReplyDelete