counting sheep

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Scarce Singer Model 179 just in...





I will be listing this tonight on paulsdomestiques1 on ebay... The only info I can find is one picture on needlebar. Nowhere else on the net can I find it which makes this quite a machine indeed! Not even in my Singer groups can I find any info. This machine looks like it was rarely if ever used! It has thr RAF decals which are not commonly found here in the USA... so check it out tonight on ebay... and have a great Spring day! and sew a little too!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful machine! And a lucky find. Looks similar to my mom's old Singer, except for all the wear and tear it's seen over the last 50+ years. Ha!

    Good luck on ebay,
    Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is a lucky find, wish I could keep it but don't know where! lol Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just acquired one of these, wondering what your machine went for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this machine has red mercury?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have one also. They were given to Families that were with the forces in Australia so that if they went to island countries or anywhere really without power, the wives could still see and makes clothes. It's a class 15 model 179

    ReplyDelete