counting sheep

Sunday, April 15, 2012

I Didn't Run Away! I been spending money!


Hello all,
     I'll just give some quick happy dance news.  I have bought another sewing machine because I will be putting my Juki 2000 on my new Hinterberg frame! I am so excited, it should be here within a week or so.  I have never long armed before and even though they say the Juki 2000 is a long arm its really kinda short but it work for the frame I bought. I will be practicing on a few junky quilt tops first and then zooooooom! I'll be doing one for a friend and then a couple of mine.  I still would like to get a laser stylus for pantograms but I did get a regular stylus and some Grace perfect patterns to start with.  I have to get busy this week and make some sleeves for my poles but I think I can manage it.  More info as it comes in and here are some photos of what I bought... And oh yes, a very nice lady named Sandy is taking me under her wing from the quilting board I belong to. I have an date to visit her and her set up this week, how cool is that!


I chose this Singer because of the price, the reviews and I tried one out at Joann's. I love the fact that it has letters and numbers and best of all that it has a hand quilting stitch that looks pretty impressive to me. Its a very big deal to me because I have never had anything but a mechanical machine so I think its pretty awesome!
Have a great week and I'll let you know when they get here and how it all goes down!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, happy dance, indeed! Congratulations, Gwen. I can't wait to see your first accomplishment on your new frame and machine! How exciting!!!!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete