counting sheep

Monday, July 16, 2012

More RAIN, please SIR... Indiana is dry as an old bone...


My poor old yard used to be so green and pretty... Can't even burn the fire pit or roast a marshmallow because we are under a burning ban. We had no fireworks for the 4th like a lot of others that didn't either...

I have managed to keep my little garden alive and the tomatoes are starting to ripen. Its weird but the Italian tomatoes seem to be huge this year, maybe its the high temps or something?
I have watered my flowers faithfully out back. I tried to copy a bed I saw on Pinterest, its similar but not exactly alike. You will probably know the one I am talking about when you see the picture below...
 I tried making a faire garden too but it looks a little barren.



 It needs a faire! Have not found one yet...
My corn looks dang good for all the dry hot days, I water it every morning. I think it must be one of the only things around that the bees and wasps need. They work it like mad all day long..
 My hubby can't wait for me to cut some off the cob and fry it.. (its a southern thang yall)

Well, hope everyone is doing ok in the drought areas who planted a garden. I am afraid any day they will tell us we can't water the garden, they already told us not to water the grass!

No comments:

Post a Comment