counting sheep

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Today I got a box of RICK RACK!

Today was fun, I looked out on my little wooden porch and what to my wandering eyes should appear? A fat box load of vintage rick rack and trims! As I sat here tonight on my bed going through the box I could not help but notice the different brand names such as Sears, Penny's, Wards, Warrents and as always Wrights.


I remember when I was a young girl that both Penny's and Sears carried sewing machines and notions as well as Wards.  I have seen old sewing machine's with Wards emblem on the harp.  I have a Challenge sewing machine, a 15 clone that came from Sears I believe.  Eventually those things disappeared from our Department stores, now even Walmart is getting rid of most of their fabrics.  I think even Sears carried fabric for awhile.  Our mall used to have a Singer store that was quite large, it was there in the early 70's then Singer sort of went down hill from there.






Things like that come and go and they can also evolve into better venues like quilt shops that carry all the latest quilting tools and notions. Then there is good old Joann's and Hancock's. You get get quite a range of sewing notions and quilting tools in both of these great stores plus just about any kind of fabric you could want.  But we can't forget the online fabric shopping places!  Then there is always eBay where anything sewing can be found.  We are so fortunate to have so many places of choice to fulfill our sewing wish list.  Sew... LETS GET SEWING! we have no excuse!

No comments:

Post a Comment