counting sheep

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Shop or sew? that is the question...

Today I did not really know if I wanted to shop or sew, shopping won out for awhile. I went to Joann's but didn't find much. Was disapointed to find out that most of their apron patterns stop at about size 22... I gues they think larger women don't need aprons? hmmm...  So now I am back home and looking for some old apron patterns I had years ago that I never made.  I did get some fabric last night when I made a run to Walmart. Usually I don't buy the dollar a yard stuff but they had some decent stuff so I bought a few yards for aprons.

What is it about aprons anyway? Why now? I mean we live in a time when about any style goes. Is it because we are searching for yesterday? Is that why I like antiques and primitives and candle tarts that smell like Mother is alive and well and baking in my kitchen... Did my Mother feel this way, way back when? hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment